full-time employee contract
We are seeking a curious and motivated engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting and analytical skills. You must be very comfortable and confident working on Linux systems and familiar with TCP/IP networking.
You will be joining a tight-knit team who is dedicated to the mission but understands the importance of a flexible and supportive working atmosphere. You must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and contributing to both technical and non-techincal solutions. We prioritize learning and growth to find new and innovative ways of solving our current business problems as well as developing and building new technical capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Building out new architectures as needed.
* Maintaining security best practices.
* Performing routine maintenance on operating systems and networks.
* Troubleshooting and fixing system and network issues (Linux, Windows, Cisco).
* Creating and updating documentation on systems and networks.
* Automating and improving processes where possible.
* Keeping an up-to-date technical knowledge of cybersecurity and related technical fields.
* Assisting non-technical team members with technology related questions.
* Furthering knowledge through continuing education or formal training.
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* System Administration/Engineering with Linux and Windows.
* Experience with virtualization technologies, such as ESX, Linux KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V.
* Familiarity with NAT and routing concepts.
* Deploying and troubleshooting VPN technologies.
* Administration of Cisco switches and ASA Firewalls.
* Knowledge of packet filtering using host-based firewalls, such as iptables.
* Familiarity with monitoring frameworks, such as Nagios.
* Experience with automation tools, such as Ansible.
* Familiarity with backup and restore solutions.
* Proficiency with at least one high-level scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, or Perl.
* Experience with cloud service providers, such as AWS EC2, Linode, Digital Ocean.