Are you an expert at helping people perform at their peak technical and behavioral efficiency?
Do you have a knack for knowing how to partner with people?
Are you the very best at follow-through?
Are you a leader who stays at the forefront of Signal Processing technology and can help drive new technologies into our products?
If your answers are yes, you may be the person we are looking for you to join our team at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) in Tucson, AZ. We are the Signal Processing Center (SPC), which is part of the System Design Performance (SDP) Directorate within RMS Engineering. We are seeking a Senior Leader to assume the role of Department Manager (DM) for the Surface, Air & Land Dominance Department. Within SDP, SPC has the responsibility for the development of signal processing algorithms for all RMS products, driving to model-based systems engineering solutions, supporting new business initiatives, and developing and executing related technology roadmaps. The SPC engineers have a mix of expertise including Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics and related disciplines.
As the DM, you will be accountable for growing and maintaining employee skills, overseeing signal processing radar technology development and implementation, and working with other SPC DMs to meet the technical, staffing, and hiring needs for RMS' programs across product lines. In this role, you will be leading approximately 100 engineers.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Signal Processing DM has a variety of responsibilities that fall within three main categories: Leadership, Technical Expertise, and Project Management.
- Your staff of signal processing engineers is responsible for the development of SP algorithms/technologies for current and future RMS projects across product lines. They work in multiple program areas, frequently teaming with SP engineers in other SPC departments.
- As their DM, you are responsible for the results and effectiveness of the department employees including Senior Staff and Section Heads.
- Responsibilities include career coaching, performance development, mentoring, goal establishment and alignment, as well as serving as a champion for respect, diversity and ethics.
- You will also provide strong performance management leadership including definition of responsibilities, participation in talent acquisition, planning compensation for new hires and existing staff, motivating employees, offering challenging developmental opportunities, rewarding efforts appropriately, demonstrating effective problem solving, and supporting continuous improvement of our people, processes, tools and products.
- As the DM, you will lead a team of engineers in implementing signal processing solutions in practical ways for current and future business opportunities.
- The DM coordinates and collaborates with Product Line Chief Engineers, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads, Program management, procurement leads, design engineers and suppliers to identify and resolve issues.
- You are accountable for signal processing technical, cost and schedule performance for your organization and are involved with gate reviews, proposal development, and various design reviews.
- As a key leader, you are responsible and accountable for the execution excellence of the entire department.
Degree Requirements:Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or a related discipline.Required Skills:
- Your role also includes teaming with SPC leadership to manage the indirect budget for operations and learning. As a part of the SPC leadership team, you will coordinate and collaborate with the SPC leadership supporting enterprise level issues and initiatives.
- You are expected to continuously adapt to changing business needs, while accurately messaging and influencing customers and executive leadership regarding how changes impact the programs supported by the organization.
- Must currently have DoD issued Secret Security clearance.
- Twelve (12+) years of engineering experience to include leadership roles such as Section Head, IPT Lead, CPT Lead, and/or Program Manager demonstrating a strong technical and management background with the ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment.
- Influential communication skills including effective written, verbal and listening skills effectively communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing proposals including generation of cost and technical volumes.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills.
- A “big thinker” who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where an organization is heading or needs to go, while also considering the technical aspects of how to get there.
- TS Clearance preferred.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience leading a multi-disciplined department.
- Familiarity and proficiency in programming languages (C, C++, or JAVA).
- Known and recognized authority for signal processing expertise.
- Experience leading signal processing efforts, including development, analyses, verification and validation, and performance assessment of weapon performance.
- Experience as Principal Investigator for a signal processing IRAD/Special Project/Proprietary program.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with peers, programs, management, and customers in a team environment.
- Experience utilizing the Earned Value Management System (EVMS), development of budgets, task planning milestone development, and budget management.
- Eight (8) years of applied work experience featuring a broad technical background including detailed understanding of the many different engineering disciplines including several of the following: systems engineering, signal processing, EO, RF, software, guidance, navigation and control, system test, and system integration.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.