The successful candidate must have a systems engineering background with experience in multi-mode airborne radars, requirements verification planning and sell-off, development system life cycle events (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Requirements Review), requirements flow-down and traceability, interface definition and control, and test data analysis.
The candidate will work as a member of the Systems Engineering team for B-2 Radar Software Sustainment program. The candidate will interact with program and line management personnel, work with a software engineering team in the implementation of software changes to correct or improve system performance. The candidate will participate in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification. The candidate must be a strong team player, have effective verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate good interpersonal skills, and have a strong Radar technical background.
The candidate will be required to perform the following activities:
- Support the development of mathematical algorithms for mode implementation
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radar on airborne platform
- Support design and development of radar waveforms for imaging, target search, track and identification
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Interface with team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
- The candidate must be willing to permanently relocate to Oklahoma City near Tinker AFB. Some temporary travel to other offsite locations may be required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in system development lifecycle, from system level design through integration and test and production
- Radar systems engineering background with relevant experience in systems engineering, system test, system verification and validation and flight test support
- Experience with tactical radar and related disciplines including analysis as it pertains to EW, antenna, processor and receivers
- Experience with airborne radar programs or product lines
- Experience with physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware
- Experience with computer resource limitations when implementing complex algorithms in embedded hardware
- Experience with Linux and Unix environments for tool development using Matlab, C/C++, or FORTRAN
- Knowledge or familiarity of Specialized Test Equipment, Test Instrumentation and Target Generators used in the lab
- Must have active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain additional clearances
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in supporting flight test and data analysis
- Strong Signal Processing knowledge and application of Signal Processing theories
- Systems Engineering process expertise in modeling & simulation of radar systems
- Experience with product life cycle support and maintenance
- General Aircraft Avionics knowledge and experience
- Earned Value Management experience
- Experience working on teams and balancing priorities across a large program
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience identifying critical path efforts and drive efforts to closure; able to effectively manage/coordinate multiple tasks and priorities
- Effective at recognizing and managing risks
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical disciplineDesired Education
: Master’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline 123251
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.