Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) to support a large, complex program in support of a new effort with the Department of the Army Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS) to provide essential Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) capabilities for protecting against, searching and discovering, mitigating and engaging, and eradicating advanced cyberspace threats and vulnerabilities. The Garrison Defensive Cyberspace Operations Platform (GDP) solution implements dedicated, prepositioned, forward compute and storage resources to host virtualized platforms that interface to the U.S. Army networks to enable real-time protection of critical systems and to detect and remove anomalous threat activity.
The Lead Systems Engineerwill engage in the GDP information systems design, development, and analysis encompassing software development and systems integration; and maintaining strict configuration control over the GDP product baseline over its lifecycle.
This position is contingent on award of the program.
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Location: Northern VA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program acting as the Product Owner, and is responsible for the overall ensuring the technical solution meets product requirements. This role participates in both the development and the support phase of the program and is an active participant in the change management process.
- Provides technical expertise for the development of program requirements relating to information technology, application analysis, software development, and systems integration.
- Utilize a broad knowledge of precedents in systems engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure a sound system requirements and design baseline
- Establish and execute project systems engineering processes and guidelines within the agile development framework
- Chairing of the Engineering Review Board, approving changes to the solutions
- Provide cross-IPT systems engineering coordination
- Provide leadership and support to enterprise system demonstrations with both internal and external mission partners and associated components
- Participate in program readiness and design reviews
- Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the project
- Provide document review and resolves systems engineering issues
- Operate under general supervision; guidance received relates primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations or requirements
- Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Willingness to travel as needed to support customer meetings and technical reviews
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience in participating in related projects.
- Experience using Agile SCRUM and SAFe development methodologies as the product owner
- Technical background in design, development, integration and fielding of large scale systems and operating as the engineering review board chair
- Experience in systems engineering of software intensive systems
- Experience in systems engineering processes and techniques
- Experience with interface definition/documentation
- Experience in conducting system engineering, analytical, and trade study activities using structured techniques
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
- Experience in applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve problems
- Experience in the conduct of technical and process document reviews and the resolution of systems engineering and integration issues
- Experience at technical interchange meetings with team members and other program personnel, and representing the organization in matters pertaining to his/her functional area
- Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
- Experience managing and monitoring cost and schedule using earned value management systems
- Experience with the integration of COTS and/or Free and Open Source Software
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a fast-paced, highly visible setting
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with limited oversight
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills
- Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Experience with product/data/user security and data synchronization
- Experience with data analytics and advanced analytics
- Experience with system data integration Layers
- Experience with visualization, geospatial, and CI/HUMINT systems
- Experience using DOORS for requirements management
ExpertiseB.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 8 years relevant work experience.
Clearance TypeTS/SCI clearance This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.