Work as part of a multifunctional team in the area of focal plane processing. Responsibilities will include chemical etching, advanced automatic metrology and precision machining/bonding of semiconductor materials. The candidate will be responsible for process health (yield, throughput), review and maintain statistical process control (SPC), generate work instructions and train operators as well as perform new process development.
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience
- Sound knowledge of basic engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Extensive laboratory experience
- Good mechanical aptitude and/or chemical handling ability
- Excellent computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication and technical writing skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings or schematics
- Understanding of basic semiconductor physics
- Familiarity with semiconductor processing equipment, methods, and processes
- Familiarity with a cleanroom work environment (Class 100)
- Familiarity with various microscopes and inspection techniques
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)and Design of Experiments (DOE/ANOVA)
- Experience with epoxies
- Visual Basic, G code, C+, or other computer programming experience
- Previous work experience or internship in professional engineering firm
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Engineering (Preferred) or Science. Desired Education:
Masters? Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.