Systems Engineer Senior Staff Model-Based System Engineering
Job ID: 448515BR
Date posted: Sep. 14, 2018
Description: Senior Staff Systems Engineer responsible for contributing to Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) implementation across SSC programs as a member of LM Space's Systems Engineering Modernization Department. The successful candidate will employ experience leading Model Based Systems Engineering engagements to develop Systems Engineering products using SysML and MBSE tools to capture, maintain, and visualize needed views of model data to communicate system design and facilitate automation of Systems Engineering integration with other domains. In addition, the successful candidate will help develop and mature modern approaches the Systems Engineering practice, especially in applying continuous integration and agile project management techniques to Systems Engineering process. They will also use their experience to help shape the Model-Based Sytems Engineering toolset, providing direction and feedback to selection of new tools and development of necessary capabilities.
- Leads implementation of MBSE to execute Systems Engineering process on LM Space programs
- Contribute to development and delivery of MBSE training
- Contribute and lead efforts to develop MBSE methodology and practice
- Represent LM Space and Corporate Engineering in MBSE outreach activities within industry
- Lead and contribute to the development of tools and capabilities to improve MBSE usability
- Lead and contribute to the research and evaluation of COTS MBSE tools capabiities as a contribution to the SE tools roadmap
The successful candidate will also take on additional central MBSE tasks, as needed.
Desired Skills: - Experience with NoMagic Systems Engineering software (Cameo)
- Familiarity with Syndeia to integrate sytem modeling tools
- Familiarity with Tom Sawyer Perpectives as a visualization tool for MBSE
- Experience contributing to industry whitepapers or publications on MBSE
- Familiarity with customer Systems Engineering Transformation initiatives
Basic Qualifications: - Experience performing Systems Engineering activities on programs
- Experience leading MBSE implementations on programs
- Experience with MBSE model management techniques and practices
- Experience using system modeling tools (Rhapsody, MagicDraw, etc.) to implement MBSE
- Experience extending SysML for domain-specific concerns
- Experience integrating system modeling tools
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2