The Hardware Quality Engineer will provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools.
The Hardware Quality Engineer will use analytical tools and methods to: improve product design; minimize inspection; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions; audit manufacturing and test data for Quality System requirements; support design reviews to insure that quality is engineered into the product; and develop product acceptance techniques and plans.
Key Hardware Quality responsibilities may include:
- Perform first article inspection (FAI).
- Assure special test equipment (STE) and tooling comply with approved assembly and tooling drawings, assembly instructions, test procedures and metrology requirements.
- Manage dropped and damaged hardware processing and incident reporting.
- Assure identification and segregation of all out-of-tolerance equipment and tooling, and assure investigation into product impact.
- Implement improvement efforts to reduce defects, scrap and rework.
- Act on all applicable material, product and equipment alerts to prevent impact to product reliability using the nonconformance and/or purge process.
- Oversee processing of customer returned material and control of deficiency report documents from receipt to delivery of corrected product.
- Perform teardown and analyses following hardware qualification testing.
- Minimum of 4 years related professional engineering or quality experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) MS Access and Project
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with team members, customers, suppliers and in a team environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and apply decision-making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
- Experience with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing documents
- Ability to use analytical tools and methods
- Experience working with suppliers and customers
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiar with and has some practical experience of Six Sigma methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and DMADV) and tools (e.g. ANOVA, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA).
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Project management experience
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
: B.S. Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics 123569
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.