Position: Buyer/Procurement Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Summary: The Buyer / Procurement Specialist supports the entire corporate office and will establish source of supply, negotiate price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisitions and purchase orders. The Buyer / Procurement Specialist provides guidance and information to the requester and works with the requester/vendor to obtain the proper approvals, account/project coding, and documentation needed before a purchase is made. Additionally, Buyer / Procurement Specialist works closely with internal staff for the receipt of services, materials, and assists when needed to ensure invoice payment. The Buyer / Procurement Specialist maintains all purchasing files and assists in the preparation of reports with for the company and its customers to comply with various laws, company polices, and standard operating procedures. The Buyer / Procurement Specialist will write, implement and support company policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Best practices, and applicable government requirements, to include the FAR and DFAR.
Receive validated purchase request for materials, supplies and services; process these requests into purchase orders.
- Obtain required competition for all goods and services.
- Obtain the best possible prices and terms for all purchases.
- Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, and cancellations.
- Assist in negotiations.
- Assist in reviewing and resolving issues regarding vendor performance.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor/quotes from major subcontractors.
- Support all audits and ensure proper company adherence to applicable laws, rules and regulations, and company policies.
- Award and administer subcontracts as necessary.
- May assist in the pricing of goods and services for bids and proposals.
- Receive notification of receipt, action and status on all purchases from the vendor.
- Prepare procurement status reports recapping execution from purchase to receipt.
- Coordinate with project managers, logistics managers, and program manager to identify receipt of equipment, supplies, material and services at the job sites.
- Coordinate procurement inquires with requester and Logistics staff.
- Maintain purchasing files and coordinate payment of invoices with accounts payable staff.
- Develops procedures used in vendor selection, pricing, vendor communications, internal procurement policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Functions: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client.
Requirements and Abilities:
- Prefer at least two years? experience purchasing goods, materials, and services from overseas vendors.
- CostPoint experience is preferred.
- Prefer at least two years? experience subcontract award and administration
- Strong accounting skills, careful attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Negotiation skills working with subcontractors and other vendors.
- Familiar with requirements included in supporting contingency environment projects.
- Familiar with International Trafficking in Arms Restrictions (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and Combating Trafficking In Persons (CTIP).
- Strong experience in basic business principles and analysis techniques; price volume matrix, quote/proposal analysis, spreadsheet analysis and business models.
- Maintenance of purchasing files addressing the life cycle of each purchase to include request for purchase, ordering with the vendor, receipt of shipment and delivery, and notification of receipt.
- Prior experience with accounts payable staff working to resolve purchase order/invoice disparities.
- Solid knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
- Ability to present information in an effective manner to management and potential customers.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision for most tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Adept at use of Microsoft applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GWFS is an EOE.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Some College Coursework Completed
0 - 10%