GardaWorld Federal Services (www.garda-federal.com)
Summary: Driver/Kennel Attendant is primarily responsible for picking up and delivering dogs between locations as part of the Garda-Federal K9 training department, a Driver/Kennel will report to the Kennel Manager to accomplish the following 1) Conduct frequent trips between Dulles IAP and Summit Point, WV 2) Conduct overnight trips when required. Pick-up and deliver dogs as directed 3) Conduct care, feeding and welfare of dogs while traveling and in a kennel environment 4) Complete other tasks as directed by Kennel Manager.
LOCATION: Summit Point, WV
- Be familiar with large dogs (kennel experience preferred)
- Have a clean driving record
- Be over 23 years of age
- Be willing to frequently drive long distances (12 hours)
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client
Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
- Ability to follow precise instruction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Working knowledge in the following:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook ? ability to manage Shared Calendars and schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Self-motivated ability to perform well in a high pace, fast changing work environment
- Ability to identify risk situations and coordinate solutions with management
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations
- Flexibility and maturity are a must
- Ability to work remotely while on a travel status without physical management or supervision
Travel:50 - 60%