Position: Shift Leader/Team Leader
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
FLSA Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Shift Leader/Team Leader (SL/TL) is responsible for the planning, execution and supervision of daily protective security operations.
- Manage and direct protective security operations on a day to day basis
- Directs and controls response actions, if required, through radio communications
- Reports directly to the Deputy Detail Leader
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise protective security specialists and ensure that all posts and detail positions are properly covered and that the detail is operation smoothly in accordance with the schedule and present plans.
Aegis Corporation and family of companies is an EOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Requirements: Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The contract requires you to be a U.S. Citizen - must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance
- Five (5) years' experience in protective security assignments of which two (2) of these years shall have been in a supervisory or in-charge-capacity
- Six (6) months of protective security experience working on a contract, or similar program
- English language proficiency (minimum Level III)
- Foreign language proficiency desirable
- Obtain and maintain weapons qualifications
- Must successfully pass all required courses specified by the client
- Expertise in the planning, execution and evaluation of mobile security and security at venues in service of various government agencies
- Strong leadership, project management and personnel management skills
- Mission analysis, route planning, threat and risk assessment, identification of safe havens, site and route surveys, immediate action planning and evacuation
- Ability to establish and enforce high standards of performance and conduct
- Capability to plan and execute individual and team training for assigned PSS
The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time. The employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.