Position: Guard US EXPAT
Location: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Leads and directs a team of guards performing internal guard services to include, but not limited to, vehicle and personnel entry control points (ECPs), perimeter towers, and internal foot patrols.
- Performing internal guard services
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads and directs a team of guards
Aegis Corporation and family of companies is an EOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
- Minimum 23 years of age.
- Shall be fluent in English speaking, reading, and writing.
- Shall be a citizen of the United States; active Secret clearance required.
- Possess a Military background. Must have reached the Status of Non-Commissioned Officer, verifiable through military transcriptions and evaluations. Must have received an honorable discharge as verified by a form DD-214 (U.S. Military).
- Must be able to qualify on primary U.S. military weapons and crew-served weapons. Any special weapons qualifications will be defined by the COR.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of U.S. Embassies, CENTCOM, and ITAR/OFAC
- Extensive Middle East high-level relationship building expertise
- Ability to manage logistics in austere environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to travel as requested or required based on organizational needs and to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills working in international and multi- cultural environments, interacting with all levels of staff, clients and consultants in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure; being proactive, resourceful and efficient; and, maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important
- Flexibility and maturity are a must
Physical Demands: Shall be able to perform internal security guard services, at any potential internal security posting for up to 12 hours, often in austere conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind, dust, rain or snow, while donning all required personal protective gear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.