The Lead Auditor will function as a member of the Internal Audits and Assessments team within the Quality Engineering Center Directorate. Major responsibilities include:
• Conduct and support internal audits for compliance to the AS91xx series of standards, internal Organizational Directives, IPDS and other documentation comprising the quality management system
• Analyze factory, lab and offsite performance to requirements in directive documentation
• Identify trends and assist factories and labs with corrective action process including implementation, verification and validation
• Apply lessons learned from other programs and processes
• Validate effectiveness of corrective actions
• Identify processes that place quality management systems at risk and develop an assessment process to analyze potential risks
• Interface with NQA, Raytheon’s Certification body during site certification / recertification audits to the AS9100 and ISO QMS standards
• Communicate results to area managers and senior personnel both verbally and in writing
• Participate in problem resolution of technical issues
• Travel domestically as required to represent and lead specific audits and assessments
• Knowledge of what constitutes robust quality management systems
• Four or more years of experience leading audit teams in Aerospace or similar industry
• Proven ability to identify problem root cause and develop, implement and evaluate effective short and long-term corrective actions
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, systems thinking, and employ effective decision making skills.
• Proven ability to interpret requirements and evaluate compliant processes
• Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and presenting information to upper management and customers
• Ability to write effective, clear, and impactful audit reports
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Certified as Lead Auditor (RABQSA), ASQ CQA, or similar auditor certifications
• Knowledge of AS9100
• Experience leading AS9100 audits
• Ability to utilize statistical methods and tools to monitor closed loop systems, analyze process data and identify opportunities to improve process performance
• Knowledge of engineering design processes, control, and systems necessary to support all phases of the lifecycle
• Ability to lead change management through the use of process improvement tools and techniques to support continual performance improvement of the assessment process
• DOD clearance
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Related Field; Advanced degree desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.