The wonders of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore await you in your time off if you are ready to jump on board and join Raytheon Solipsys, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company, an industry leader in the development of integrated C4I Network Centric Defense System solutions for both domestic and international defenses.
We need Software Engineers who are ready to share their talents on achieving innovative advancements in multisensor and information fusion, networked situational awareness and visualization technologies and love to travel to off-sites to help our customers.
Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, healthcare, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible 9/80 work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k) retirement plans, paid holidays and paid time off. You continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achieving noteworthy distinctions through thought and teamwork where, every day, you work with extraordinary engineers empowered for excellence. In addition, the Fulton worksite is just a short drive away from the major historical, cultural, sporting and social events that both Baltimore and D.C. provide on a year-round basis.
If you love to work in collaborative environments, are highly determined, and want to learn new things we encourage you to apply.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in software development using C++ and/or JAVA.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in software development using Object Oriented Design methodologies.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience using SW Development tools.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience with full life cycle development including exposure to software requirements, design, development, debug and test.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- Demonstrated skills and training with C++ and/or JAVA in a Unix environment
- Demonstrated skills with C++ related Technologies: Boost/STL/Standard C++ Library/etc.
- Demonstrated skills with object-oriented software analysis and design
- Experience in developing applications using Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE), JBoss Application Server (JBoss AS), JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (JBoss ESB), and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with relational and geospatial database design and development, including experience with database servers such as: Oracle and PostgreSQL. This also includes experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing applications using Object Oriented Design methodologies using SW Development tools
- Experience with Apache Ant library and build tool
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool
- Ability to work with customers to provide training, demonstrations, and technical guidance
- Strong oral & written communication skills & proven leadership skills
- Ability to obtain a government Secret clearance
- Travel - up to 25%
This position can be a G07 Software Engineer II or G08 Sr Software Engineer I based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (with an emphasis on programming) or other related engineering discipline.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Join us for a Virtual Open House on Wednesday, October 24th, 11:30-1:30pm Eastern. Chat live with hiring managers and learn more about our opportunities. Register at
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.