Systems Engineer - Mission Engineering and Conops Development
Job ID: 451488BR
Date posted: Sep. 19, 2018
City: King of Prussia
Program: Space Security Programs
Description:Are you ready to do leading-edge, world-class systems engineering supporting software that keeps our critical space assets safe? Do you want to work in a fast-paced agile environment that can get a little rowdy at times? Do you research emerging technologies, own systems definition activities and enjoy keeping your skills sharp?
Then you will love being a part of the Space Security division of LM Space in King of Prussia, PA.
We want someone who is passionate about their craft, adamant about product quality and focused on our customer’s mission. We constantly measure our employee’s success and reward our top performers through salary increases, bonuses and awards.
You will be directly supporting one or more of our classified customers with a passion for rapid capability development and many opportunities to do things “differently”. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our customers on a regular basis and be integrally involved with delivering innovative and affordable capabilities in a new and emerging area of protecting USG space assets. You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in space.
Specific Systems Engineering responsibilities of this role include derivation of system needs, generation of engineering baseline products (to include requirements and/or agile features) and key concept of operation development activities.
Candidates must already hold clearances.
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 9 years of relevant, professional experience or a minimum of 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Recent relevant experience (within last 2 years) on program as a Systems Engineer supporting program development
• Candidates must possess a current TS clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years
• Systems Definition/ Agile Systems Definition
• Mission Management, Command and Control, Battle Field Management/Command and Control (BMC2) domain understanding
• Requirements Management/Verification
• Interface Management
• Architecture documentation using standard DoDAF products
• Integration & Test Plan/Program Development, Execution and Reporting
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Software
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2