full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Web Developer, in the Fairfax, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The MCIS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
What this Position Will Offer You
• You will have the ability to develop custom programs for web sites, which will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information. Our client the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), in cooperation with its internal and external partners, was tasked with enhancing public protective actions and mitigating against, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from natural, technological, and terrorist related emergencies. Quick, easy, and consistent access to vital information was needed. The linking of local, state, and federal agency critical infrastructures and business partners was vital to local governments’ ability to provide efficient, fast, and reliable support services in all situations.
• ManTech installed and implemented a customized and well-tested solution using WebEOC, a web-based CIMS product developed by Emergency Solutions, Inc. and now owned by Juvare. Recognizing the need for data sharing and data interoperability, we designed and implemented the Northern Virginia WebEOC installation, which encompasses information from Fairfax County as well as ten neighboring jurisdictions within Northern Virginia. Further, ManTech worked to promote data interoperability from the Northern Virginia installation among the emergency management groups from Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, which comprise the National Capital Region.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops and revises WebEOC boards to specifications provided by ManTech Program Manager.
• Develops and revises SQL Reports to specifications provided by ManTech Program Manager.
* Troubleshoots technical issues in the WebEOC application and works with the vendor(s) to resolve them by opening help tickets, following-up with vendor support, and conducting remote sessions.
• Coordinates with WebEOC users and on-site staff for help tickets requiring the vendor to have remote access the server.
• Performs configuration testing for WebEOC and WebFusion with WebEOC Program Manager and local jurisdiction WebEOC administrators.
• Prepares instructional documents (handouts, job aids, and other guides) to assist end users with WebEOC.
• Participates in WebEOC Work Group and other WebEOC support/advisory group meetings.
• After hour support may be required to assist local jurisdiction Emergency Managers should a local Emergency Operation Center be activated
• On-site support and travel to each of the regional instances of WebEOC may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or three to five years of related experience.
• Must have experience designing and developing MS SQL Reports
• Experience in web design and using web/image design/editing software
• Experience working with database web applications WebEOC board development experience desired
• Experience working with software end users providing application support.
• Able to understand process flow documentation (flow charts, work flow diagrams, etc.) and translate into a web application
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work in a team and complete assignments on time with periodic supervision.
• High attention to detail.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Prefer experience working with Microsoft Windows Server OS, IIS, SQL 2008 or later