Site Security Lead – Farmington, New Mexico
This position is a direct report to the Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Regional Security Manager in Tucson, Arizona. The incumbent will serve as the Site Security Lead for the Raytheon Diné Facility in Farmington, New Mexico, and will be responsible for the compliance, development, and administration of security procedures for classified and/or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment in accordance with the NISPOM. The candidate will have oversight responsibilities for all aspects of security (physical security, information assurance, personnel security, COMSEC, international, emergency preparedness, and Insider Threat in accordance with the NISPOM requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- The Site Security Lead will develop policy and procedures for company compliance and government requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of standard operating procedures for closed areas and classified Information Systems safeguards, when applicable.
- The Site Security Lead will be responsible for the processing of local site personnel security clearances, visitor control, document control.
- This individual will oversee a contract labor guard force and the processing of invoices for security officers.
- Manage COMSEC activities and ensures all CCI materials are accounted for using NSA DIAS database, if applicable, and coordinate visitor control, security education, and act as a team member for the facilities emergency preparedness.
- Investigate security violations or incidents and prepares reports specifying corrective action.
- Conduct routine self-inspections, participates in customer reviews, documents findings, recommends and assists with corrective action, and reevaluates implementation of corrective action plan.
- Individual must focus on customer service; be a team player; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The Site Security Lead will also report to the Raytheon Dine Site/Plant Manager and is part of the Site Manager’s Leadership Team. In this capacity, the selected candidate will be called upon to assist with other aspects of managing the plant. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the communications function, HR processes, facility planning, and training delivery. This role will not be the lead of these activities, but will contribute to these activities.
- This Site Security Lead is accountable for the Security posture in a highly complex, dynamic and technical environment across Product Lines.
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
- A Bachelor's degree, or 8 years equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of related experience, in either a commercial or military industry
- A minimum of a current, final Secret security clearance with a current investigation date on the first day of employment. A current investigation is defined as an investigation not older than 10 years for a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Experience working with multiple functions to accomplish business objectives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment in which priorities can change rapidly
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Degree major in Business Management, Security and/or Risk Management, Government Policy, Information Management, Criminal Justice, or other related field of study
- Master's degree in Business Management, Security Management, Criminal Justice, or other related field is desired
- The ability to solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity
- The ability to plan, schedule, and arrange activities in accomplishing objectives
- A proactive leader with a sound level of business acumen
- An understanding of the importance of successful program execution and how Security contributes to that success
- The ability to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
RMS-Farmington Facility resides on the Navajo Indian Reservation and adheres to Navajo Nation Employment Preference Act in areas of recruitment and hiring processes.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at .
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.