- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Based in Perth (Henderson and HMAS Stirling)
Opportunities are now available for a Systems Engineer to join Raytheon’s Submarine Combat System team. The Systems Engineer will initially be part of the Integration, Verification and Validation team operating in the Combat System Support Facility (CSSF) at HMAS Stirling, and will also have the opportunity to provide requirements and design support to the assigned project.
The Systems Engineer will apply their understanding of technical theories and concepts to provide solutions to the current phase of the project, taking cognisance of cost and schedule constraints whilst ensuring adherence to processes set down by the Systems Engineering Discipline Lead.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Integration, Verification and Validation activities
- Perform Systems Analysis to derive function, performance and interface requirements to satisfy the system requirements,
- System Design activities (including trade studies) to ensure that the system architecture is compatible with the baselined product and that the system design will meet the system level performance requirements
- Maintain the design of the system including the specifications and interface requirements specifications as required
- Understand the systems engineering methodology, tools and procedures required to complete the systems engineering tasks assigned
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant engineering discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Engineering discipline such as; Verification and Validation or Integration
- Recent graduates with relevant qualifications, expertise and experience will also be considered for this role.
- The eligibility to attain a Baseline level Defence Security clearance - with no foreseeable impediment to upgrade to Negative Vetting 1 - is essential for this role.
At Raytheon Australia we respect the value of military service. Many of our customers are the men and women who defend our nation and its interests while a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves or are military veterans themselves.
Being a major supplier to the Australian Defence Force (ADF), we recognise the particular talents that only veterans can offer. Working with Raytheon provides former members of the ADF an opportunity to bring their military skills to the private sector for a successful transition into the civilian workforce. To support them in this, Raytheon Australia guarantees every veteran and their partner an interview for a role where their skills or experience align with selection criteria. Applications must be received via our careers website. To learn more about our support for those who have served visit .
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "apply" button below or contact us at 124086