Software Engineers are needed within the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in Huntsville, Alabama. Our software teams employ disciplined software processes (CMMI Level 5) across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). We use a variety of development methodologies and tools to produce high quality products for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms. The successful candidate will be integrated into a small to medium sized team performing software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, debugging, and resolving problems with real-time software applications, as well as supporting software verification efforts. Our software applications are developed using C++, Java, and Ada programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operation systems. Our software is developed and delivered incrementally using traditional, as well as Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, and continuous integration.
This position requires a Secret clearance.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Contributes to the successful completion of projects or processes; may function in a project leadership role. Works independently under limited supervision.
- Responsible for making improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Problems and issues faced are difficult to complex, and often require understanding of broader set of issues. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
- Experience in all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration.
- Support peer reviews and associated software system documentation.
- Minimum of 6 years of prior object-oriented software development experience using C++, Java, and/or Ada as well as experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- This position will require the ability to obtain security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Established verbal and written communication skills. Works within a team construct to achieve program success
- Working knowledge of SDLC
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with real-time OS, preferably WindRiver Linux or LynxOS
- Experience with UML and preferably Model Driven Development using Rhapsody
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration
- Experience with standard MS-Office tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of SEI CMMI model
- Experience with Machine Learning, Cyber, and/or Artificial Intelligence techniques
- Active Security clearance at the Secret level
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Key Words: object oriented software development, C++, Linux, Unix, RedHat OS, Agile software development, Machine Learning, Clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.