General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Our client has experienced unprecedented high levels of new foreign military sales (FMS) cases over the past two years. We develop the appropriate measures and models to ensure our client has a consistent method to both measure workload and identify the required workforce to conduct the work. This effort will assist the client with defending current resources while at the same time help with gaining additional resources required. This position analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects. In addition, this role develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for security assistance and foreign military sales customer personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides support to ensure the quick and efficient adoption of the FMS workload/workforce full-time equivalent (FTE) estimating tool.
2. Analyzes FMS user needs and perform research and functional analysis on variety of projects.
3. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to FMS workload/workforce FTE estimating tool current processes and systems.
4. Conducts functional testing of FMS various systems and supports requirements gathering and configuration management of FMS workload/workforce FTE estimating tool updates.
5. Support FMS workload/workforce FTE estimating tool data collection, reconciliation, clean-up, and synchronization.
6. Support customer end users with general system operating inquiries received through help desk email inbox within 48 hours of receipt.
7. Support developing Q&A for the help desk capability to ensure that during normal working hours all questions and concerns are addressed.
8. Perform Access database system analysis and Excel spreadsheet analysis to understand how the FMS workforce/workload FTE data estimating tool operates on customer data and suggest process improvements.
9. Manage and track tool documentation changes from multiple contributors and reviewers.
10. Formats and updates large documents including complex tables, table data, table of contents, and appendices, and acts as a proof-reader and editor.
11. Works with minimal day-to-day instruction.
12. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
13. Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
14. Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
15. Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
16. Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
17. Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
18. Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
19. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
20. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives, including FMS workforce/workload FTE estimating tool user interface training.
2. Conducts roadshow system training sessions for various security assistance user communities requiring travel (estimated four trips per year each lasting less than a week)
3. Establishes and reviews training course content and objectives.
4. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
5. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
6. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
7. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the
effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
8. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related experience supporting military operations.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.