General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Training Specialist will support the NATO ITM Program’s Communications and Training Team and will be responsible for assisting in the delivery and evaluation of courses taught by this branch, as well as participation in learning initiatives within the organization and delivery of additional training products as tasked.
The Trainer will actively develop course content and ensure technical accuracy of training in conjunction with the customer and Subject Matter Experts (SME) on the ITM Program. The Trainer will conduct the research necessary to develop and execute training courses. Responsibilities include but are not limited to course development, delivery/conducting of instructor-led courses, evaluation of current courses, and recommendations for future courses.
The Trainer will:
• Support the development and implementation of self-help training materials including training curriculums for computer-based and web-based training, electronic performance support systems, and other technology-based learning solutions; quick reference guides, instructor guides, presentations, quick tips, desk-side aids, job aids, etc.
• Be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of all training materials for the NATO ITM Customer.
• Design and develop instructor-led training sessions and develop the criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
• Conduct the developed instructor-led training at the customer site.
• Maintain records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
• Update course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
• Conduct research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in special projects or other project activities that may be outside of the training realm as required. This will include: SOP and Process Documentation; Maintenance of program documentation; and Configuration Management activities
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the scheduling and administration of all classes and preparation of course materials
• Assist in the development, preparation and ongoing maintenance of all instructor materials, course outlines, background materials, and training aids
• Assist in the preparation and ongoing maintenance of all student materials course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critiques or surveys
• Assist in the preparation, delivery, and ongoing maintenance of training-related marketing materials as required
• Work with the NATO ITM Customer to organize and schedule classrooms and classes, coordinate class rosters, and contact attendees with training information
• Provide support to GDIT ITM Program contractor personnel, assisting in procuring training for their professional development training endeavors; keeping track of certifications earned.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
3-5 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
• Minimum of a Secret Clearance is required.
• ITIL or PRINCE2 Certified is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with and understanding of Instructional Design Techniques
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
• Prior experience developing training materials
• Knowledge and application of adult education theories, methods, and strategies
• Knowledge of computer assisted learning methods
• Experience in preparing and/or reviewing technical and programmatic documentation to ensure their accuracy and to ensure that impacts are identified, understood and communicated
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. #CJPOST#CJOBS #NATO #ISDCJ #DPOST
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.