General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Sr Network Engineer (Network Installer)
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.;
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.;
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.;
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.;
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.;
6. May perform network administration duties.;
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.;
8. Installs, tests, and troubleshoots both land based network equipment as well as fly away kits.;
9. Participates in special projects as required.;
10. Must possess and maintain a US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.;
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.;
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.;
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design. Experience with hardware encryption (KG-xxx) required and software encryption highly desired.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.;
2. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.;
3. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.;
4. Experience with hardware encryption (KG-xxx) required and software encryption highly desired.;
Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.;
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.;
2. Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.;
3. Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.;
4. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.;
5. 8570- IAT Level 2 + Vendor Cert. CCNA Routing and Switching preferred and Security+ CE.;
6. Roughly 60% travel required.;
7. Must possess and maintain a US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.;
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #dpost #GDITRecruiter #BICES
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.