General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Installs, performs preventive maintenance, and repair of electrical, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment. Applicant will provide On-Site tier 1 technical support for JEXC2 power generation and distribution as well as HVAC, sheltering, and other environmental elements of the systems. Depending on past experience may be eligible to serve as site lead. Responsibilities for this position will include weekly report preparation including the WAR and also to participate on weekly status calls for tracking activity and for planning and preparation. Site lead may also be required to participate in planning meetings with personnel at the local command.
** Duty Station is Tampa, FL **
Must maintain a current US Civilian Passport.
Countries in AoR may have entry requirements that musts be met during contingencies and exercises.
Normal work hours are 5 days/week 40 hours. During exercises or deployments additional hours may be required and must be approved in advance.
Deployments to other OCONUS locations inside the COCOM's AoR may be required for exercises and/or real world missions.
A medical suitability screening prior to employment is required in support of deployability.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with Tier 2 and Tier 3 to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. May perform quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. May provide work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting field operations and field engineering support.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.