General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
MUST HAVE SHIPBOARD AND HM&E EXPERIENCE