This Environmental, Health Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) position with Safety and Ergonomics qualifications and experience will be responsible for Managing the overall Safety and Ergonomics Programs in a team environment at the Raytheon Expressway North Building in Dallas, TX, and work with individuals and teams to foster employee engagement and drive continuous improvement of our EHSS program and culture.
Typical duties will involve the following:
- Manage and implement Safety programs including, but not limited to, Electrical Safe Work Practices, Arc Flash, Lock out Tag out (LOTO), Machining, Cranes and Hoists, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs), Chemical Safety, Walking and Working Surfaces and others as assigned by the site EHSS Manager.
- Schedule, perform and/or arrange ergonomic assessments and surveys upon request and in support of SAS injury reduction strategies. Assessments are time sensitive and effective case management and experience implementing corrective actions is essential.
- Manage the site Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) elements in preparation for re-certification by OSHA in 2019
- Support the SAS North Texas Contractor Safety program, specifically reviewing pre-bid qualifications in accordance with Raytheon policy, and providing approval authorization to GBS.
- Manage Safety and Ergo program areas and support related needs for Love Field (Dallas), and assigned North Texas locations (Greenville, Carrollton 3PL Warehouse, Garland Warehouse).
- Investigate and resolve Health & Safety issues, near misses, questions, or concerns received from within the company, among outside customers, regulatory agencies, etc. Support the injury/incident root cause investigations process.
- Provide support for other site EHSS programs such as environmental or asset protection.
- Prepare the site to meet EHSS requirements for scheduled and unannounced internal and external audits including AS9100 and other internal company assessments.
- Implement the SAS Management of Change process by evaluating processes in development with special hazards.
- Be familiar with cleanroom and electronic assembly environments.
- Participate on emergency response activities as required.
- Interpret federal, state and local laws, regulations, and orders as they apply to IH practices, protocol and regulatory reporting.
- Conduct administrative functions such as data entry to comply with company recordkeeping requirements.
- Prioritize job duties depending on site needs and work independently on a number of complex tasks requiring Safety and/or Ergonomics evaluation.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in managing comprehensive Health & Safety programs.
- Subject matter expertise with principles of safety and ergonomics.
- Experience with project management and teams.
- Experience with OSHA regulations and ANSI Standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs and demonstrate effective prioritization and implementation skills.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with database and use of other information gathering systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experienced in developing and conducting creative Health & Safety training.
- Experience with the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
- Experience with Critical thinking, Root Cause Analysis and Six Sigma/LEAN
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Ability to provide clear, concise, and effective verbal communications.
- Well-developed written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and follow-up on work flow to meet departmental goals and objectives.
: Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, industrial/safety engineering, or related field.Desired Education:
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other relevant Occupation Safety certification
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.