Warehouse Specialist - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages.
- Route materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Store, stack, or palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearrange and take inventory of stored materials.
- Examine stored materials and report deterioration and damage.
- Remove material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties. Driving power trucks will not be the primary duty.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the operation of hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Outlook, and Word to transcribe information into a clear and understandable format.
- Knowledge of logistics/supply procedures.
- High level of work/personal organizational skills.
- Knowledge or experience in the handling and management of Government Property strongly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Clearance if required by the program.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a warehouse environment with non-controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel requirements will vary based on program requirements.
- 10 – 15% domestic travel may be required.
More Jobs For Veterans...