Software Engineer and Developer
Job ID: 454749BR
Date posted: Sep. 28, 2018
City: King of Prussia
Program: Grey Seal
Description:Are you ready to create world-class software that provides critical solutions to our customers' most complex problems? Do you want to work in a fast-paced Agile environment that fosters collaboration and inspiration? Do you research emerging technologies and enjoy keeping your skills sharp? Then you will love being a part of the Space Security division of LM Space in King of Prussia, PA. We are in need of someone who is passionate about their craft, adamant about product quality and focused on our customer’s mission.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This specific position is in support of the Grey Seal program, which is developing mission solutions in support of a large system deployment. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, test and deploy command and control capabilities for this new system.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development
- Solid understanding of open architecture and security principles
- Experience designing and implementing web-based User Interfaces
- Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
- Experience with Horizon / H20 (NOC).
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience integrating systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
- Experience with System of Systems Integration via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
- Mission Management, Resource Planning and Scheduling, Command and Control domain understanding
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2