What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
IDS Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a Factory Operations Manager (FOM) to assume responsibilities for the Seapower Capabilities Center in Portsmouth RI. This organization fabricates, assembles, and integrates a wide range of electro-mechanical hardware for integration into ship defense systems, sensor systems (naval radars and integrated undersea warfare) and undersea weapons. The organization is enabled by core Operations personnel supported by Functional stakeholders including EH/S, Quality, Engineering, ISC, and Finance. This cross functional team achieves Operational Excellence through the mindset and practice of continuous improvement and is focused on delivering superior and affordable solutions for our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The FOM will be responsible for manufacturing operations, (cost, quality, and schedule), associated with Seapower products in Portsmouth RI with specific duties as follows:
- Being the business leader for the Safety, Mission Assurance, Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Business Development and Strategy Functions
- Development and implementation of strategic initiatives in support of programs, to include capital planning for facilities and manpower planning (hourly/support) for all future programs and projects
- Establishing production needs assessments and facilitate production material planning, production planning, and scheduling to prepare for transition to build (TTB) programs
- Providing strategic leadership for department staff to move organization into a process based manufacturing model.
- Building collaborative and purposeful relationships with Functional partners
- Developing and refining measures of effectiveness of continuous improvement efforts
- Learning and Development – Collaborating with HR Functional partners to align learning and development within the organizational objectives at all levels of the organization
- Deploying and implementing growth initiatives
- Being a cultural change agent.
- 12+ years of overall related operations / manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing leadership experience within a complex manufacturing environment
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret government clearance
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Desired Skills
- Front line leadership experience managing a team larger than 50 employees.
- Experiencing managing an annual operating budget over $5 Million.
- BS in Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering or related discipline.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat othersKey words: manufacturing, operations, lean, six sigma, production, planning, scheduling, electronic, electrical, mechanical, transmitter, receiver, capitalWhat We Offer:
- IPT or program leadership experience, including Control Account Management and EAC Management
- Management experience with labor performance
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with proven record of successful lean/six sigma implementation
- Knowledge/working experience with related/supporting technologies required for product realization
- Experience in identification, down-selection, implementation and release to production of capital acquisitions
- EVMS Level 2 Certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with Shop Floor Control Systems including PRISM and VM
- Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, and Supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Strong knowledge of Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) Gates
- Proven management supervising bargaining unit employees
- Master’s degree in business or technical field
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Strong mentoring and employee development skills
- Experience with managing performance gaps
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.