Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering laboratory and production functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess control and manage risks of product quality and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for development acceptance criteria (parameters based on product result). May undertake root cause analysis of incidents requiring corrective action. Ensures that corrective measures and deviation meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies and utilize quality tools to help drive continuous improvement. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
Manages experienced professionals (e.g. engineers, scientists, financial analysts) who exercise discretion and independent judgement performing assignments. Often heads one or more sections of a small department. SCOPE: Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
Interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Assignments are defined in terms of activities and objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments normally result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds.
Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels. Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Interaction typically concerns resolutions of operational and scheduling issues. Often plays a key role in cooperative effort among members of a project team made up of representatives from other departments.
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET
- The QAM responsible for the quality of services delivered on the program.
- The QAM shall ensure all performance standards, measures, and contract deliverables are in conformance with the contract, e.g., quality control plan, performance work statement, the quality assurance surveillance plan, and contract deliverables.
- The QAM shall support all functional areas of the contract to include the National Military Command Center.
- QAM duties include, but not limited to, leading all activities involving quality assurance, compliance, audits, deliverables, and process improvement.
- The QAM shall possess and maintain a secret clearance, excellent oral and written communication skills, and proficiency in ISO 9001-20000 IT Service Management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library standards. The QAM shall have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science-Information Technology or related field, and a minimum of 10 years of quality assurance experience.
- A QAM shall be on site 0600-1800, Monday through Friday, and available 24/7/365 within 2 hours to meet with the COR on site.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proficiency in ISO 9001-20000 IT Service Management and information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)standards