Arms Control Policy Analyst (Job Number:440229)
- SAIC has an immediate opening for a Policy Analyst supporting the Headquarters Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Office of Strategy, Planning and Policy (AF/A10P), International Treaties and Agreements Branch (AF/A10PI).
- Work will be performed at the Arlington, VA area.
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation and compliance activities for arms control treaties and international agreements impacting Air Force equities.
- Perform analysis on proposed arms control treaty provisions, implementation guidance, and the preparatory work relative to new treaties and agreements involving AF equities and activities.
- Support the development, preparation, and implementation of education, training, and exercise materials concerning arms control treaty and agreement implementation, including an annual three-day course to train new Air Force Treaty Compliance Officers (TCOs) and other supporting materials.
- Lead the development of and updates to computer- based training modules.
- Draft and coordinate Air Force Instructions (AFIs) detailing Air Force treaty implementation and compliance plans as required by DoD guidance.
- Utilize MS Office applications to develop briefings and presentations.
- Draft issue papers, reports, meeting minutes and other documents, as required.
- Draft and coordinate staff packages for review and approval.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and six or more years of related experience or Master’s Degree and four years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of the Department of Defense.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated superior research, analytic, and writing skills required.
- Active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
- Understanding of Air Force processes highly desirable.
- Knowledge of arms control treaties (New START, INF, Chemical Weapons Convention, Conventional Forces in Europe, Open Skies, Vienna Document and related areas) and nuclear issues are strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with education, training or exercise design.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2018, 11:00:39 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job