District of Columbia
AWS Cloud Engineer (Job Number:440249)
- SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Engineer to support various programs and strategic initiatives within the company, to include a large enterprise IT program on site in Washington DC.
- The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Computing and Engineering who readily adapts to support a variety of challenging technical requirements in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self- provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long- range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate
- May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
- May support strategic alliances with outside vendors
- Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
- 3+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, or administration
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- 1+ years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- A minimum of one AWS Professional level certification is required
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a Secret DoD clearance as a condition of hire and continued employment
- Location: Washington DC, with travel up to 25%
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance is strongly preferred
- Experience with other cloud platforms, e.g., MS Azure, GCP strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2018, 3:49:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job