(L30 TSS) Air Traffic Controller Training Instructional Supervisor (Job Number:440179)
- SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, Va.
- We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Instructor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) as a Training Instructional Supervisor.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
- The selected candidate will support the Las Vegas Terminal Radar Approach Control and Las Vegas Air Traffic Control Tower Training requirements at the Las Vegas Air Traffic Control Tower located at Las Vegas, Nevada. The Training Instructional Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of Contractor personnel providing support within a particular instructional area under this contract.
- Supervisors need not be certified in all courses.
- Certification is only required for the courses in which a Training Instructional Supervisor may perform instructional duties, in which event, the position requires FAA certification equivalent to the certification required for Instructors in the area of expertise they supervise.
- The Training Instructional Supervisor must have, as a minimum, qualifications equivalent to those required of an Instructor within the area of expertise they will supervise, as listed below. Prior supervisory experience is preferred but is not required.
- The CTC Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC).
- The successful candidate for this position must have experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student- focused drive for continuous improvement.
- The CTC Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience instructing FAA personnel.
- The recent experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the Las Vegas TRACON/ATCT.
- The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System.
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the Las Vegas TRACON/ATCT will have priority selection for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 17, 2018, 4:34:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-NV-LAS VEGAS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job