Tactical Communications Systems (TCS) is seeking a highly capable software engineer with recent track record of successfully developing embedded, real time software running on challenging hardware and software environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing design, implementation, integration, and verification of object-oriented embedded software in C++, host applications in Java/C++, and real-time algorithms in C.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum of 4 years of practical experience with the following:
- Proficiency with C/C++/Java software development
- Object Oriented design experience in Java/C++
- Practical Real Time embedded development experience using VxWorks or Linux
- Integration of embedded hardware and software systems
- Experience with wireless network communications systems
- Firm grasp of OSI Layer concepts, especially network and data link layers
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and eclipse IDE
- United States Citizenship is required
- Domain knowledge in networked radio communications systems
- Exposure to RF Signal Processing concepts, radar, and/or EW
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation (e.g. QualNet, Matlab)
- Experience with networking security, NIST FIPS standards
- Familiar with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Rational Team Concert
- Familiar with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum and Continuous Integration
- Experience with National Instruments Test Stand and LabView
- Experience with Board Support Packages
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts
- Experience with static code analysis tools such as Klocwork or Coverity
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Science or related technical degree.Desired Education:
Master of Science (M.S.) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Science or related technical degree.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.