Senior Manager, Human Resources – CarMax Auto Finance
CarMax Auto Finance (CAF), CarMax’s in-house Auto Finance division is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to support our finance division located in Kennesaw, GA. CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, awarded a Top Workplaces honor since 2016 by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 7th of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources assists in effectively developing & managing positive associate relations and supporting a culture of engagement and ongoing development. This is accomplished through supporting effective performance management practices, developing and executing training initiatives, effective conflict resolution, management development, recognition/reward programs, and sound employment policies and practices. The HRM is also a business partner in advising the management team regarding associate relations, HR policies/procedures and assists in ensuring business initiatives align with Human Resources strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Provide leadership and support to business managers on policy interpretation and other associate relations matters, including performance management, associate relations, internal investigations and development needs.
•Effective oversight and execution of company compensation, benefits, talent management and associate relations process and initiatives.
•Analyze Human Resources metrics to assess trends; take action to address patterns. Build and maintain strong, effective partnerships with the management teams to maintain the valued CarMax culture.
•Guide, coach and train managers and associates on a variety of topics. Assist in the development of classes/programs.
•Management, oversight, facilitation and execution of the company Management Assessment Processes and affiliated developmental programs.
•Understand and apply Federal and State laws in conjunction with CarMax policies and procedures.
•Establish and maintain trust by building effective relationships with associates at all levels of the organization. Deliver exceptional customer service to all internal customers.
•Work in partnership with the on-site Recruiting and Training teams and partner with appropriate resources at the Home Office, in Richmond, VA, to develop and implement organizational solutions to meet the needs of the Auto Finance Division.
• The ability to champion change, effectively influence others
• Proven leadership track record
• Strong facilitation and communications skills
• Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team based environment
• Strong action orientation, attention to detail and ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
• Proficient computer skills, including moderate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Some travel is required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in a Human Resources Manager role, or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a Sr. HR Generalist role.
• Undergraduate college degree is preferred.
• HRCI/SHRM Certification is preferred.