Systems Engineer Sr _ Mission Planning / Scheduler
Job ID: 455057BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
Program: Double Eagle 2
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Mission Planning (MP) Mid or Near Term Scheduler (M/NTS) is an integrated member of a 5 person team working in a multi-service, multi-corporate environment as part of the MPB, Mission Management Division, Mission Operations Group at the Aerospace Data Facility near Denver, CO.
• You will function as a MP M/NTS for the RANGER system and will be primarily performing mission scheduling, using checklists, to coordinate and schedule all required data collection tasks, engineering, and analyst requests.
• You will receive tasking and priority guidance messages and schedule them using computer based mission planning tools.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: scheduling external resources for mission success, performing resource conflict resolution, interpreting/implementing script results and guidance, and working closely with support staff, technical advisors, calibration experts, and planners to develop strategies and optimize scheduling products.
• MP M/NTS also coordinates and briefs the operational plan to management, customer, interface representatives and peers. On a collateral basis, they conduct operations, evaluations, and readiness exercises.
Complete understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field is desired. General knowledge of other related disciplines is desired. Former collection management of familiarity with national level requirements is strongly encouraged. Must be able to communicate very complex concepts to customers, users and partners effectively. Works under general direction. Work is reviewed upon completion by the team for adequacy in meeting customer expectations. Hourly inter-organizational and outside customer contacts are common.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Must have TS/SCI clearance
- Be a self starter who can work with little to no supervision
- Test experience
- Understanding of baseline development and delivery process
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Scheduling systems
- Knowledge of Software development process
- Communication/Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team experience
- Must be able to work within a highly structured environment
- Should possess excellent focus and attention to detail
- Able to communicate and function as a team member vice an individual is absolutely imperative
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week