Lead Hardware Engineer
Job ID: 450886BR
Date posted: Sep. 06, 2018
City: King of Prussia, Littleton
State: Colorado, Pennsylvania
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• This is an exciting hardware lead position within the growing Space Security division within Mission Systems & Operations.
• You will lead the Arches program's Agile (scrum) Hardware Team and perform various infrastructure-related tasks.
• You will be joining the program at initial startup.
• These tasks include (but are not limited to) Operating System installations and maintenance, information assurance, software installations, account management (Active Directory & Group Policy), virtualization, networking, hardware design, procurement/installation, systems engineering, test and verification.
• You must have a very broad skillset that encompasses many of these domains to be able to perform a multitude of diverse infrastructure tasks with minimal supervision.
• You will be responsible for the infrastructure work performed by the team and is additionally expected to function as a Subject Matter Expert and contributor.
• CAM (Cost Account Manager) inputs may include proactively managing sub-contracts, control accounts and schedules, monitoring cost/schedule performance, providing weekly status, supporting monthly variance and program/customer reviews, supporting costing efforts, and creating BOEs (Basis of Estimates).
• Selected candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance to start.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors degree in a technical or engineering discipline. Unrelated degree with 5+ years of IT (Information Technology) experience or experience in lieu of degree
• Highly Experienced (5+ years) with Windows System Administration
• Experienced (3+ years) with Active Directory and Group Policy
• Proficiency (1+ year) in an Agile Scrum environment
• Must have at minimum an active TS/SCI security clearance to start and maintain level of clearance throughout the course of employment
• Security+ certification at a minimum
Existing Ground System program experience a plus
• Technical Leadership experience
• Proficiency (2+ years) with Powershell and vbscript scripting languages
• Microsoft System Center experience
• Cloud/AWS experience highly desired
• Systems Engineering experience
• Understanding of hardware and hardware diagrams
• Familiarity with Network equipment and configuration
• Current Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day