Optical Pattern Operator/ 2nd shift / Orlando, FL
Job ID: 455734BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
Description:Sets up, operates and adjusts a variety of photolithographic production equipment used to perform required operations and tests on production parts with optical patterns. Additionally sets up and operates manual, and computer controlled equipment, such as coat, deposition, cleaning, and similar photolithographic equipment used in optical applications.
• Works under general direction and from production schedules, manufacturing procedures, process, and written or oral instruction. Use knowledge of photolithographic process to perform production of optical patterned parts.
• Operates and carefully adjusts parts and materials into fixture with proper alignment for operations.
• Use manual and computer controlled equipment to apply pattern and deposition masks on optical parts to ensure proper placement of materials.
• Works in cleanroom with delicate optical components which are highly sensitive, precise and require special handling.
• Performs metal lift off and etch processes to create micron sized features.
• Uses gages, microscope, electronic instruments and small tools to check dimensions, handle materials and prepare parts for subsequent operations.
• For processing of optical patterned parts; uses small hand tools, scales and measures, mixes materials for processes according to production specifications. Set up certain processing units according to process specifications and instructions. Processes performed are one or more of the following: acid and solvent cleaning, coating, baking, etching, exposing, developing, stripping and aligning. During processing may adjust and modify process within normal parameters to compensate for specific conditions. In case of major deviation supervisor and more experienced personnel will provide guidance.
• Loads, monitors operation and unloads components from ovens, cleaning stations and marking machines associated with optical patterned parts.
• Before, during and after process steps, performs checks and tests to verify that materials meet pre-determined specifications. Maintain production and operating records and logs to document processes performed, product completed, quality and operating data.
• Checks product being fabricated/assembled for conformance to specifications and standard using manual and automated evaluation equipment.
• Observes all safety precautions when using process equipment and hazardous materials. Follows directions and procedures to maintain specified level of cleanliness in work area.
• Cleans and performs routine and/or minor maintenance, tool repair and any other area related assignments as required.
• Requires significant attention to detail for production activities and documentation to maintain compliance with Mil. Standard requirements.
• Assists and familiarizes other employees as required; works in a team environment.
• Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd according to the collective bargaining agreement between Lockheed Martin and the UAW.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment or with production equipment/test machinery.
Experience with semiconductors, wet/dry chemical processing, or wafer fabrication/inspection.
The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, process plans and flow diagrams is required.
The ability to work in a 1k cleanroom and wear cleanroom attire for extended periods is required.
The ability to work with hazardous chemicals is required.
Basic computer skills are required.
Visual Acuity to correctable 20/20 is required.
Experience working in a cleanroom environment.
Experience with photolithography or metal deposition for EMI shielding applications.
Experience with baking, coating, etching or developing optical patterned parts.
Experience handling, inspecting, and cleaning optical elements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off