Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, F-35 Program
Job ID: 456422BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
City: Luke Air Force Base
Program: F35 Luke/Netherlands
Description:Provides the direct management of aircraft production and sets maintenance priorities. Integrates with the host squadron’s leadership, advises host squadron of schedule requirement and production issues as they pertain to the F-35 aircraft. Supervises daily maintenance and flying operations. Attend daily maintenance and flight operations meetings as required. Review completed work orders and accomplishes Aircraft Safety of Flight Releases. Ensure workforce follows appropriate technical instructions, Air Force Instruction 21-101, and local operating instructions. Advises management of status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to perform short notice travel for business, TDY, and extended TDY to support FTO program, mission or customer requirements.
- Candidates must be capable of working first (1st), second (2nd), or third (3rd) shift(s) dependent on mission requirements or customer needs.
- Must possess at least an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain / maintain a Final Secret clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
The following skills are required:
- 6 years minimum fighter aircraft maintenance experience with thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and flight line operations.
- Overall fighter experience must include at least 2 years F-35 aircraft maintenance experience (experience must be within the last 4 years)
- Leadership experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Experience with such programs as Aircraft Scheduling/Records Management, Job/Maintenance Control, Configuration Control, Maintenance Information System, Tool and FOD, E-Time Accounting, Training, Safety, Security, Hazardous Waste Management or Supply Chain Management.
- 4 years leadership experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- F-35 or Fifth generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) experience
- Understanding of USAF Maintenance Practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for coordinating with Field Service Representatives, and Maintenance Managers on schedules, aircraft status and issues as they occur.
- Effective communication skills for coordination at all levels throughout the USAF Wing structure to include Operations, Maintenance, and Logistics Support Managers
- Ability to lead diverse workforce
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop and present formal briefings and presentations.
- Ability to develop necessary maintenance plans and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAF AFI 21-101
- Ability to develop work schedules and assign tasks.
- Experience providing On-the-Job Training to other equivalent peers and /or maintainers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Management
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: STANDARD: Autotime System