Aviation Procurement Expert - Specialist Advisor (I, II, III, IV)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Bilingual: Spanish and English
MRPT Security Clearance
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of a Specialist Advisor – Aviation Procurement Expert to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Specialist Advisor – Aviation Procurement Expert are as follows:
- U.S. Citizen.
- MRPT Security Clearance.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- FSI level 4/4 English, FSI level 4/4 Spanish.
- Twelve (12) years’ experience working overseas within an Embassy environment. Previous and recent experience (within five to seven years) in Guatemala is required.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate superior administrative and management skills. For example: Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and ideas orally so others will understand.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated previous and recent experience (within five years) with INL and INL/A programs Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated five years of experience working in a foreign assistance planning environment.
- Demonstrated ten years of prior experience with Department of State INL/A.
- Demonstrated procurement Management.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of program procurement processes, Blanket Purchase Agreements and contracting.
- International Export regulation knowledge and extensive LATAM experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various computer programs required (ex: Word, Excel, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks independently.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Advise INL interests and priorities when discussing the Guatemalan contracting efforts among the multiple stakeholders both internal and external to INL-G, the GOG and other stakeholders involved with, supported, or affected by aviation program within the INL-G programs. INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) will approve before final decision.
- Assist with facilitating the flow of accurate and timely information among stakeholders, the INL Program Offices, and other Embassy and National stake holders.
- Support program/project officers and designated contractor representatives on all technical matters that arise in the discussions on the development of procurement support aviation operations in Guatemala and the region. Written status is required reporting advances to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA).
- Advise on potential impact of integration on technical requirements, including inspections, testing, inventories and acceptance procedures for training, infrastructure and procurement processes. Schedule interim meetings to review progress and make course corrections and brief advances to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) is required.
- Based on SME’s expertise will recommend approval to INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA), when required, for deviations from approved plans, schedules, and scopes of work, and based on the status and progress of all parties involved.
- Advisor will identify discrepancies, draft reports subject to review and approval and maintain reports updated to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA).
- Based on SME’s expertise will assist with identifying and recommending solutions or corrective action to resolve any issues that interfere with procurement support to the aviation program and with the completion of projects in support of INL-G programs goals and objectives (in accordance to agree upon terms of reference in any Letter of Agreement or LOA). In those cases where problems cannot be resolved, the incumbent is required to make recommendations, identify discrepancies, draft reports subject to review and approval to INL-G management on appropriate corrective actions.
- Plans, conducts and executes training of all levels of procurement management to INL-A and international aviation standards. Written status reports are required for updating progress to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA).
- Assist on quality assurance; resource forecasting (authorized stock lists, bench stock, serviceable and unserviceable parts and equipment) and support for GOG/INL-G procurement actions. INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Liaise GOG and Guatemalan Air Force (GAF) procurement officers and technicians working in three or more sites in the following areas:
- Maintain Air Wing Information System standards in accordance with INL/A standards and transition all data to GOG Maintenance Information Systems when acquired and implemented. Report updates to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA).
- Provide procurement actions to maintain stock levels to support mission capable rates for the assigned aircraft at all operating locations. Progress should be reported to the INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA). TPC will not have the ability to bid on the programs.
- Draft GOG Procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Assist with maintaining requests for funds properly documented and advise on complying with GOG SOP and procurement processes. Advise on requests and purchases based on INL-G Maintenance SME and Senior Aviation Advisor’s guidance. TPC will not have the ability to bid on the program.
- Advise on procedures for security of funds, daily cash counts as required and reconcile expenditures with receipts to ensure accurate fund balance. Document expenditures and submit reports to SME, SAA and FIAAT Director for UNESA accounting. INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Establishes source of supply, request for quotes, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with the Program/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with GOG policies and U.S. Federal regulations. TPC will not have the ability to bid on the program. The manager will review and make the final approval.
- Service requestor for purchase order (PO) forms; notify responsible parties of items received to begin formal receiving and payment process. Provides guidance and information to requestor. Includes communication of procurement actions and assistance with special or complex requirements. INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Advise requestors regarding procurement actions and assist with special or complex requirements. Reports to Senior Advisor for procurement progress.
- Advise on maintaining procedures to follow-up purchase orders, in order to brief INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA).
- Assists in the preparation of reports with upper management and customers to comply with various laws, company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Identify competitive suppliers with an evaluation criterion. Establishes proposed bidders list for all subcontracts. Advise on inquiry packages in accordance with execution schedule. Report list to INL-G Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SAA). TPC will not have the ability to bid on the programs.
- Advise on client solicitations received by company and provides recommendations regarding outsourcing requirements to business management proposal team. Assist verifying proposals meet requirements.
- Advise on monitoring subcontractor performance as a GTM for performance contract service. Advisor will provide input for COR and CO.
- Serves as point of contact and interacts with customers, subcontractors and management regarding contract requirements and issue resolution. Expert must be identified with affiliation tag at meetings.
- May require site visits in support of establishment of new suppliers. Expert must be identified with affiliation tag at meetings.