Aerospace Systems Engineer (Job Number:441005)
SAIC has a new opportunity for an Aerospace Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program as part of an existing Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team. This position provides subject matter expertise to customers in involving systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support for aerospace systems. Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Supports the customer in acquiring aerospace systems; provides systems engineering oversight in the concept development, requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, and operations of aerospace systems and their various components (e.g. propulsion, guidance/navigation, communications, thermal control, etc.).
- Proactively identifies technical and programmatic risks and opportunities and recommends appropriate mitigation or exploitation approaches.
- Evaluates proposed system changes, especially those that happen late in the system development lifecycle, and make recommendations on path forward.
- Reviews development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success.
- Effectively communicates and interfaces with engineers from various contractors and government organizations; prepare and present briefings to customer on technical topics when requested.
- Participates as a reviewer in working groups, engineering review boards, design reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, etc.
- Conducts technical research and summarizes findings.
- Investigates innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis.
- Continually balances and adjusts work priorities to meet short-term tasks and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline such as Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, Master's Degree preferred.
- 9+ years of related engineering experience with aerospace systems.
- 12 years minimum, work experience
- Ability to identify system impacts and pitfalls associated with operational systems to include: mission planning and scheduling systems, command, control and communications systems, and data processing systems.
- Experience in the systems development cycle, from concept development, requirements definition, design, development, integration and testing, verification and validation, to deployment and operational maintenance.
- Experience in operational readiness, rehearsals, and system testing.
- Experience across multiple engineering disciplines to include: systems engineering, software development, and integration and test.
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture, and CONOPS development.
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations.
- Experience with mission integration, data processing, external interface management, and system operations.
- Experience with system performance prediction modeling and metrics.
- Polished oral and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2018, 3:44:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job