NMCC Multimedia Systems Engineer (Job Number:440975)
SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Multimedia Systems Engineer (MSE) to support AFNCR IT Services program and the National Military Command Center (NMCC) at sites including Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and the Pentagon. The ideal candidate will be an expert in all audiovisual (AV) / video teleconferencing (VTC) aspects of the National Military Command System (NMCS) and have excellent communication skills.
- Perform design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
- Define operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensure the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs.
Job specific Responsibilities:
- Support all technical aspects of the National Military Command System (NMCS). MSE duties include leading strategy development for technology platforms, research and development support, and support of technology projects.
- Supervise all AV/VTC software testing, technology insertion, upgrades, and installations.
- Support NMCC AV/VTC maintenance activities, providing reach-back support (e.g., advanced level support/Tier- 3, for NMCC systems).
Various locations in the National Capital Region, e.g., JBA, JBAB, Pentagon, and other sites as required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- US Citizenship is required
- DoD TS/SCI clearance is required to start and a condition of continued employment
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, IT, or related (or additional 4 years of related experience/training in lieu of degree)
- 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, including 10+ years of experience in Command Center operations and Nuclear Command and Control systems Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- Extensive hands on experience with AV/VTC engineering and implementation
- DoD 8570 certification compliance is required to start and as a condition of continued employment
- Training and/or certification(s) in Electronic Industries Association Standards, International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Defined Standards, and Information Technology Systems Installation Methods (e.g., Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE))
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Schedule flexibility 0600- 1800 M-F, and available 24/7/365 with 2 hour response time to customer site(s)
- At least one AV/VTC certification is desired
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2018, 8:17:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANDREWS AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job