Data Modeler-Expert (Job Number:441016)
Data Modeler – GEOINT Standards (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
Provide GEOINT standards Data Modeling in UML, OWL, SKOS, GML, JSON, and XML for existing and future GEOINT Standards to ensure current and updated standards content meet capability delivery dates for NGA & NSG initiatives and solution providers.
- Serve as a Subject Mater Expert (SME) on development of GEOINT Standards with the objective of facilitating compliance and interoperability through integration of NSG & ASG requirements while reducing technical and schedule risk associated with Data, Metadata, and Ontology standards.
- Ensure current and future GEOINT standards satisfy capability requirements at the program and strategic level across NGA, NSG, and ASG.
- Develop capability based standards profiles and reference architectures to enable search, discovery, access, retrieval, integrated intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Experience with:
- Basic concepts of Unified Modeling Language (UML) Class Diagrams, object-based modeling concepts, and logical data models.
- Design, development, presentation, and analysis of a domain based logical data model.
- Developing, maintaining and/or enhancing Logical Theories and formal Ontologies.
- Resource Description Framework (RDF); Web Ontology Language (OWL).
- Decomposition of object-based logical models in order to understand data requirements.
- Familiarity with the major varieties of JSON (JSON-LD, GeoJSON, JSON-B, etc.).
- Familiarity with Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS). Desired:
- Master’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Experience with:
- Logical data models in an implementation and/or programming setting (e.g. NSG Application Schema and its profiles).
- Interpretation and implementation of the ISO 19100 series standards, particularly those applicable to metadata, geography markup language, application schemas, and schema registries (ISO 19115, 19136, 19109,etc.).
- Implementation of standards based schemas and the exchange of data using OGC standards based web services.
- Proficient in GEOINT standards / specifications / framework:
- GEOINT Semantic Resource Suite (NCV, NTAX, NAS, NEO, NMF, etc.)
- NAS Part 2, NMIS, etc.
- ISO 19100 series standards
- OGC standards
- Familiarity with NGA mission, products, and role in the NSG community
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:25:22 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job