Legal Analyst I (Job Number:440979)
- SAIC is seeking a Legal Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- Work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels daily on subject matter relating to DoD assets, personnel, and international and domestic affairs for the Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
- Provide research, analysis, and administrative support for the daily tasks required of OGC (IA) within its current concept of operations (ConOps).
- Provide preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by government attorneys.
- Provide preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
- Provide initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Coordinate packages with other sections of OGC, other OSD offices, the Joint Staff, DoD components and agencies, and other U.S. Government departments and agencies.
- Utilize the OGC Suspense Tracking System (STS) data file system.
- Disseminate daily SecDef Cables to the appropriate Attorneys for action.
- Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) as needed.
- Prepare the GCs Briefing Books for the SecDef Briefings.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to International Affairs topics; liaison with other government agencies and DoD Components.
- Work and coordinate with high-level DoD offices and officials.
- Perform research and analysis; cite checking; and database searches using STS, Westlaw, Lexis, and other sources of information.
- Open and close packages in OGCs suspense tracking systems (STS).
- Assist with legal actions including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal documents for OGC/IA.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to provide agreements from IAD.
- Provide backup support to other analysts for a variety of subject matters relating to International Affairs.
- TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- Three years relevant experience with the following:
- Providing preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Providing preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
- Providing initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and online research tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous DoD or government experience, or experience in a law office, corporate general counsel office, or JAG office.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:30:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job