General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT is seeking a Technical Editor/Analyst to support a large technical team in Chantilly, VA. The Technical Editor/Analyst will review materials for clarity, punctuation, grammar, format, and content. The position also requires some developing or writing of materials, technical architecture diagrams, user guides, workflows, and maintaining document repositories. As needed, some secondary responsibilities will be to provide assistance with requirements management, Configuration Management, and software testing.
Researches, prepares and edits technical documents.
1. Researches, prepares and edits complex technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical documentation staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation.
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline.