Systems Engineer, Senior (Job Number:441023)
Systems Engineer (Senior-level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Senior-level Systems Engineers guide engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG. ASG, and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Guide Mid-level and Junior-level system engineers performing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies.
- Guide the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Assist the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Oversee and coordinates the work of Mid-, and Junior-level Systems Engineers.
- Support the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assist the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Conducts Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Operate at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces within a Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational and agency boundaries
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 9-12 years (Senior-level) working experience in government or industry such as the DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process and/or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Senior-level working system engineering experience in government or industry.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience in applying Agile SAFe and DevOps principles and practices to include Epic planning, user story development, sprint development and management, and release management.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Engineering certification Level II from Defense Acquisition University (DAU) or equivalent.
- Documented work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Licensure as a professional engineer.
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations:
- Demonstrated expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 9:48:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job