Tools Engineer (Job Number:441019)
Tools Developer/Maintainer (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
- Expert Tools Developers/Maintainers establish and guide others in applying relevant and meaningful criteria, such as comparing features and benefits, to evaluate and provide analysis to potential tools, technology, and software to consider for automation opportunities. The goal is to develop tools for executing in a more agile and efficient manner. This includes forecasting future technology and developing tools in support of systems engineering processes. These tool(s) will be hosted in both cloud and on-prem environments.
- Identify and evaluate applications that can support the exploitation of data and databases.
- Assess what is required to integrate a particular tool into the NGA IT environments.
- Direct preparation of required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Plan and execute the migration of the various engineering tools into the cloud per NGA policy and government guidance.
- Follow established processes and completes the appropriate documentation to ensure system sand applications migrated into the cloud achieve ATO.
- Oversee the work of Senior-, Mid- and Junior- level Tools Developer/Maintainer.
- Oversee activities to maintain the Enterprise Engineering Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) in C2Sor similar cloud-based environment.
- Expertly provide cloud hosting cost estimates for planning purposed and monitor burn rates using the cloud estimation tools approved by the Government.
- Guide the expertise in the implementation, integration, and maintenance of tools to include ServiceNow, DOORS Next Gen, MS Project, Cameo, Riverbed, NetScout, Dynatrace, MagicDraw, Syndeia, Rational System Architect, etc. to ensure data sharing and process automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expert work experience in analysis, design, and development of tools and software solutions.
- Previous working experience in government or industry implementing, integrating, and maintaining tools to include ServiceNow, DOORS Next Gen, MS Project, Cameo, Riverbed, NetScout, Dynatrace, MagicDraw, Syndeia, Rational System Architect, etc.
- Experience with query tools, such as Cognos, SQL (Oracle,Microsoft).
- Experience configuring, managing and maintaining the operation of complex relational databases.
- Experience building web-based applications and dashboards
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 9:31:39 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job