GEOINT Standards Engineer (Job Number:441017)
GEOINT Standards Developer - Data & Web Services (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
Work in collaboration with NSG & ASG community membership, international partners, and other members of the GEOINT & IT Standards Division to ensure current and updated standards content of information & web service standards meet capability delivery dates for NGA & NSG initiatives and solution providers.
- Serve as a Subject Mater Expert (SME) on development of GEOINT Standards with the objective of facilitating compliance and interoperability through integration of NSG & ASG requirements while reducing technical and schedule risk associated with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services.
- Ensure current and future GEOINT standards will satisfy capability requirements at the program and strategic level across NGA, the NSG, and ASG.
- Develop capability based standards profiles and reference architectures to enable search, discovery, access, retrieval, integrated intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Experience with the development and implementation of standards related to geographic information, metadata, geography, GML, application schemas, schema implementation & registries.
- Experience with OGC data & web service standards and implementation.
- Ability to guide development efforts in the effective use of standards to achieve mission capabilities.
- Expertise in UML, XML, XML Schema, JSON, and JSON Schema.
- Familiarity with NGA mission, products, and role in the NSG community. Desired:
- Master’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degreeprogram.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the entire NSG GEOINT standards baseline, including demonstrated expertise in the development and execution of the entire suite of web services standards cited in the DoD IT Standards Register (DISR).
- Detailed understanding of NSG data standards and implementations, and the relationships between the data, web service, and encoding standards utilized to support data sharing operations across the NSG/ASG community.
- Experience working with:
- Class Diagrams & object-based/oriented modeling concepts.
- Logical data models and application schemas.
- Experience with application schema and XML implementation and programming.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:30:54 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job