Configuration Manager, Senior (Job Number:441025)
Configuration Manager (Senior-level)
Overall Assignment Description:
- Senior-level Configuration Managers perform CM tasks and support the execution of configuration control, engineering and governance boards and forums activity to baseline, analyze, update, and maintain the technical baseline in support of interoperability, integration of IT services/systems, and IT governance for NGA and the NSG.
- Perform Quality Assurance of all Requests for Change (RFCs) and similar change documents atall stages of the system and software development cycle development.
- Development and maintain baselines.
- Ensure the CM process is documented, introduced, and implemented according to guidelines from the process owner.
- Conduct change and configuration management at the enterprise, project and program levels for systems, services, and capabilities developed using traditional and agile methods.
- Identify and implement opportunities in terms of process and tools to execute CM in a more agile and efficient manner.
- Perform configuration change tracking and documentation control to include, but not limited to concepts of operation (CONOPS), requirements identification and documentation, architecture artifacts, preliminary and detailed system definition, systems and applications interfaces (point-to- point and APIs), system design review, performance monitoring tools and production software.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of Mid-, and Junior-level configuration managers and engineers performing CM tasks.
- Assist the government to validate and certify system configuration changes.
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) updated.
- Perform audits on CMDB and Configuration Items (CIs).
- Review software code deliveries and managing code libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Senior-level working experience in Configuration and Change Management field of work.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, within configuration management.
- Previous work experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Previous work experience using ITIL v3.
- Experience maintaining baseline and CMDB using platforms such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:08:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job