Schedule Analyst, Expert (Job Number:441008)
Schedule Analyst (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
The Expert Schedule Analyst will work with systems engineers and program, project, and segment managers to provide leadership of schedule development and management activities to include overseeing the developing initial schedules, collecting and reviewing program, project and segment data for updating and maintaining schedules, conducting critical path analysis, identifying dependencies, conducting
‘What-if?’ analyses, and providing comprehensive visualization/reporting. Expert Schedule Analyst will lead and oversee regular reporting of schedule information to designated review activities and for leadership awareness.
- Create, manage, maintain and operate an automated enterprise schedule activity using government approved schedule tool (e.g. Microsoft Project/Project Server), to allow for the integration and assessment of schedule files and schedule data from across NGA.
- Create and update defined processes to develop schedules, collect and review program, project, and segment data to update and maintain schedules, conduct critical path analysis, identify dependencies, and conduct ‘What-if?’ analyses.
- Lead overall response for NGA/NSG meetings reviewing and presenting schedule data for programs, projects and segments by providing reports, Gantt charts, and other visualization products, clearly communicating schedule expectations and/or status.
- Identify system development milestones that drive phasing of capabilities to meet enterprise epics or equivalent planning time frames.
- Develop, manage, and maintain connection of strategic-level and enterprise-level effectivities with lower-level program, project, and segment effectivities and milestones.
- Oversee program, project, and segment scheduling, executable technical roadmap development, incremental reviews of schedule milestones and activities, and maintain schedule baselines as directed to ensure an informed enterprise level schedule.
- Assure critical path analysis and "what-if" scenarios are available to identify schedule change impacts, associated risk, and develop mitigation plans.
- Collaborate with the GPOC lead for Enterprise Release Management to facilitate coordinated capability releases.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level Schedule Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 13-20 years scheduling experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management and operation of Microsoft Project, Primavera, or similar scheduling tool/service for definition, maintenance and reporting of program, project segment and enterprise level schedule information
- Previous work experience in government or industry in establishing, managing, and/or leading a tool- based, schedule management and reporting process.
- Previous work experience in government or industry in IT and Information Systems program management, or development and maintenance support procedures or processes.
- Previous work experience in government or industry leading schedule management for developments using traditional or Agile and Scrum based methodology or application ofmethods.
- Project Management Institute-Scheduling Profession Certification (PMI-SP), AACE PSP Certification, or Microsoft Project/Project Server Certification
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and direct automation of scheduling tasks through preparation of macros, scripts or custom procedures.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:48:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job