Engineering CAD Drafter (Job Number:441058)
- Candidate will create and modify detailed models and drawings using SolidWorks.
- Experience with Solid Edge, CREO, and Autocad also desired.
- Ideal if candidate has SolidWorks Product Data Management (PDM) experience.
- Ideal if candidate has electrical and schematic experience.
- Candidate will lead team creating/updating Technical Data Packages; being familiar with ASME standards, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Technical Data Packages, and military drawing standards desired.
- Candidate will work closely with engineers, senior technicians, drafters, and customer to capture design and to document installation of electronic C4ISR equipment and associated wiring into Tactical Vehicles.
- Candidate will assign parts, subassemblies and/or assemblies to drafters and work independently as well as in a collective team effort to effect changes to design and/or documentation. Must be detail oriented and able to communicate complex ideas in a production floor environment.
- Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of moderate and complex tasks and uses tools to include calipers, gage tools, tape measures and other mechanical devices to aid in design development and verification / validation of first article pieces.
- Candidate should possess hands-on mechanical / electromechanical knowledge and aptitude with a good understanding of currently accepted manufacturing processes and ISO procedures.
Require Education Experience:
- AA + 3 or 5 years’ experience in lieu of a degree. Minimum of 2 years of 3D parametric modeling and SolidWorks drafting experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 10:00:44 AM
Primary Location: United States-IN-BEDFORD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-IN-CRANE