Factory Support Engineer (Job Number:440936)
SAIC is seeking a Factory Support Engineer to work in our Broomfield, CO area office.
- The acquisition Systems Program Office (SPO) requires an experienced engineer familiar with space systems development to provide direct support for Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) and other technical support for the program Chief Engineer and Space Vehicle Lead.
- The factory support engineer will be located at the contractor facility in Broomfield, CO.
- Prior experience as an in-plant representative for a major space system is desired.
- Provide periodic status of spacecraft and payload activities to the COTR and/or the Program Manager (PM) -Monitor all spacecraft payload system engineering, design, development, production, qualification, integration, test and test data review activities.
- Monitor all spacecraft bus system engineering, design, development, production, qualification, integration, test and test data review activities.
- Monitor contractor activities for test equipment development and use, integration and test, and discrepancy reporting and resolution.
- Monitor all quality assurance activities.
- Monitor parts selection and usage.
- Monitor spacecraft mission assurance activities.
- Monitor subsystem test activities and coordinate test data review with SPO personnel.
- Represent the program office at Contractor meetings, as needed.
- Review and provide technical evaluation of contractor submitted Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items or other technical design documentation, as needed.
- Work closely with the Contractor to help ensure the program office understands any schedule and technical changes, as needed.
- Participate with the Contractor team during table top reviews of draft technical documents, working group meetings, IPT meetings, and Engineering Review Boards as prioritized by the COTR.
- Attend SPO and development contractor meetings at the request of the COTR.
- Other duties as specified by the COTR.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 14+ yrs exp or Masters and 12+ yrs exp or PhD and 9+ yrs.
- TS/SCI with Poly.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 11:53:47 AM
Primary Location: United States-CO-BROOMFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job